The "explorer" option is what will provide the "drag-to-move"
functionality. You can find the documentation for how to use explorer mode
on the page of any chart that supports it, for example the line chart
<https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/linechart>.
Here's a simple example of explorer mode: http://jsfiddle.net/kxL09t5t/

By default, the chart will show *all* the data that you give to it. If this
behavior works for you, you don't need to do any of the other things I
said, including enabling explorer mode. However, from your first post, I
got the impression that you didn't want your chart to be too crowded (I
probably got that from the fact that you mentioned scrollbars multiple
times in your first post.)

However, if I was correct in my previous assumption that you do not want
your chart to be too crowded, you'll need some method of mitigating that.
One way would be to have the database only send the last N (100, 200, 1000,
whatever you're comfortable with) rows to the chart, and just draw all the
data. However, if you want your user to be able to explore all the data,
you'll need to do this on the client side, by limiting the view window
(with the hAxis.viewWindow.min/max options). This is also where the
explorer mode will come into play, since it will allow your users to
explore the data you have hidden by customizing the view window.

Hopefully that explains things better?

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 5:49 AM beginnerGG <ple...@rbt-nbg.de> wrote:

> Dear Sergey,
>
> thank you for your answer.
>
> Drag-to-move would probably be nice, if I  can fix the legend and the
> y-axis with that, while the oldest data is hidden, if there are more than
> e.g. 5 values in the graph.
> But I do not understand, why I have to analyze the range of my data
> therefore? I also do not know, how to set the view window (is it the
> hAxis.viewWindow.max
> option?) And I do not find anything about the "explorer mode". Is this also
> a chart.draw option?
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/google-visualization-api.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/2f9d42de-4355-49c3-9f19-76603bfbd74a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/2f9d42de-4355-49c3-9f19-76603bfbd74a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

*[image: unnamed.gif]• Sergey Grabkovsky• Software Engineer• Google, Inc•
gra...@google.com <gra...@google.com>*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/CAEwwup5%3DmcSsGdwiCfn2WMtG2TkOsdTYkTh7wEUnRjC8S6Zn-w%40mail.gmail.com.