I need to open a new tab with some URL when the user clicks on a cell in a
google char table. I was trying to do this by reacting to the cell
selection:

google.visualization.events.addListener(table, 'select', tableSelectHandler);
function tableSelectHandler() {
const r = table.getSelection();
const row := r[0]['row'];
const col := r[0]['column'];
URL = buildURLForRowAndCol(row, col);

however it looks like while there is a 'row' attribute, there isn't a
column one. Maybe I need to specify that I want to be able to select cells
rather than just raws but it's not clear to me how to do that.

As an alternative, I'd be happy to store in the column a link, but I'm not
sure how to do that either.

Can anybody help?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/202d8b7d-836e-4c0d-b1ce-8a41ee66a157%40googlegroups.com.