There is an issue with pie charts in that the slice text is drawn far too
close to the outside edge, and this doesn't appear to be a configurable
option.

What can easily happen is the label text overflows outside of the chart
slice space. This causes the label to not be fully readable. The problem is
also more apparent if the text colour is white against the white page
background if the text overflows outside of the chart slices completely.

I've attached 2 pictures showing the issue. One of them uses text size 24
as intended, and another uses text size 14 to try and fit the text in the
slices.

The 2 issues are:

   1. If the text overflows so that it draws over the page background the
   text becomes invisible.
   I appreciate that not using white text is an obvious answer, but not
   acceptable for us due to brand style guidelines.
   2. If the text overflows so that it draws into the space of another
   slice the text becomes cut off.
   There is no good workaround for this. Even at size 14 the 2% on the red
   slice in the left pie chart can easily fit within the slice space, but the
   positioning is obviously just wrong.

I don't think the slice label origin is wrong. For example on the left
chart in the first image:

   - The "19.8%" in the orange slice this is in a great position.
   - The "12%" in the grey slice is in an adequate position. Fully
   readable, but should be moved to the left a bit.
   - The "65.7%" in the green slice is in a terrible position. Biggest
   slice but the label is too far right.

It looks like the issue is that the text alignment is pinned left from the
origin rather than centred on the origin. (That should be a a simple option
to implement, though I feel that this would make sense to be the default
alignment.) Also if the label cannot fit within the bounds of a slice it
should not be drawn at all, and let the user read it by a tool tip instead.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/edb5c3b3-1a2a-408e-a668-6bbbcffdf716%40googlegroups.com.