I was about to suggest the same as you just discovered.  While there is no
option to control how the animation is done, you can affect the animation
by how you change your data.  There is an optimization that detects when
your data has the same number of rows before and after, in which case it
does the in-place up/down type of animation, and otherwise, it does the
more expensive calculation to find nearest values.  So if you want the
latter behavior, just arrange that you only add rows or remove rows, or at
least end up with a different number of rows at each step.

Daniel LaLiberte <https://plus.google.com/100631381223468223275?prsrc=2>
dlalibe...@google.com <dlalibe...@google.com>   5CC, Cambridge MA

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/CAOtcSJNonAgBrQHoCQG74Zvs4hY92EP55HHLnPPCorucSC3j3g%40mail.gmail.com.