Figured out a solution.

(working with html.slim)... I was originally loading the script with other
javascript scripts...

  body
    = render 'layouts/header'
    = yield
    = render 'layouts/footer'

    .javascript
      = yield :javascript
      = javascript_include_tag "https://www.gstatic.com/charts/loader.js";
      = javascript_include_tag 'application', 'data-turbolinks-track' =>
true

Altered it so that it stood alone in the header (as noted in
documentation).

 head
    script src="https://www.gstatic.com/charts/loader.js"; type=
"text/javascript"
    title Learning Management System
    = stylesheet_link_tag    'application', media: 'all',
'data-turbolinks-track' => true
    = csrf_meta_tags
    link rel="apple-touch-icon" href=(image_path('apple-touch-icon.png'))

Just in case anyone runs into a similar issue.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/5f46f7a6-9bbe-4465-b252-548adb966e6f%40googlegroups.com.