I love the simplicity of the gantt chart offered through this API. I
haven't found another charting API that offers the same minimalistic
approach.

My issue is with tasks that start and end on the same day. What can be done
to have a task start and end on the same day and visualize this on the
chart? It doesn't seem like that's supported.

Is there a hacky way to handle this?