Since Chrome will stop allowing Flash in the next month, I'm checking to
see if anyone has any updates on an HTML5 alternative to the Google motion
chart. I don't think Daniel LaLiberte has posted anything about it since
2018.

I've depended on this chart (with lotsa help from the googleVis R package)
for many public presentations of my research. To preserve a record of what
I built using it, I made this demo video: https://youtu.be/Ps0wSv-D2Zg. It
will feel like such a loss when it stops working!
FYI, "polyarchy" is a measure of democracy.

Also, someone on GitHub posted this alternative a few years ago. It still
works, even without allowing Flash:
https://www.google.com/publicdata/directory. So it looks like an
alternative exists, even if it isn't available to developers.

I can make something basic with shiny, but it would lack many of the great
features the Google motion chart has. Or had.

Michael Coppedge
Kellogg Institute, Hesburgh Center
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN  46556