I have a simple data set with two attributes that I want to group in
hierarchical rows and a date that I want to drive columns according to a
fiscal calendar (with expand/collapse of period-quarter-year). The data
point in each cell is the sum of a quantity for the intersection of the
attributes and the time period.

For example, if I have the following raw data set:
[image: Sample Data.png]

For simplicity, let's assume my fiscal calendar matches the Gregorian
calendar year. I will transform my data to include fiscal-calendar
attributes like this (month value may differ based on technical
requirements):

If my time range were one year, I would want to see something like the
following table:

Within this table, I want to be able to click on any numeric value to see a
list of the relevant source records.

The only type of grouping I see as being clearly supported is what is shown
above for Fur Pattern, which leads to my *questions*:

   - Does Google Charts API support multiple levels of grouping such as
   Animal Type > Fur Pattern?
   - Can grouping be applied to columns (date component) as well as rows?
   - If the answer to the above questions are no, is there another way for
   me to tie each cell value in the aggregate table to the underlying data to
   achieve the desired "click-to-view-list" functionality since the raw data
   (and list view) would be different data from the aggregate table (from the
   API's perspective).
      - The way I'm thinking of now would be to add a computed column to
      the source data that includes an array of aggregate cell keys and write a
      function that will display any records where the clicked cell's key is
      included in the array.

Attached Excel workbook shows the source of the screenshots.

Many thanks in advance for any insight on this topic.