The selection event toggles the current selection.  Maybe you want just the
'click' event instead.

I agree that being able to get the column index (or id even) when clicking
on a table cell, and selecting a table cell, or whole column, would be a
convenience for many applications.  It will require some changes to the
Table chart to support these, but I don't know of any inherent conflicts.
Maybe I will get inspired over the next couple weeks.

--
Daniel LaLiberte <https://plus.google.com/100631381223468223275?prsrc=2>
dlalibe...@google.com <dlalibe...@google.com>   Cambridge MA