I thought the sandbox ended when the limited preview was launched but
last week I got and invite to the developer sandbox. The email
requested me to give some information and said they would get back at
me with an account. There are a bunch of guys asking about the same
thing in the Google Wave Support Forums. We came to the conclusion
that the email is real, but we are not sure if it was a mistake from
Google. I'm just hoping to get some official answer on the matter.

Thanks for reading

=)