Per the Gadgets reference (
http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/ui.html#Dyn_Height), the general
recommendations for dynamic height are to set a default height, and then
call the adjustHeight() function after the content has resized.
That gadget XML is lacking a call to adjustHeight(), so I would not expect
it to resize.

There is, however, a known issue related to the dynamic-height library
logged here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-wave-resources/issues/detail?id=327

- pamela