Good day, Stephen!

Have a look at the reply I just left on that thread "How to delete all
the blips in a wave except the root blip??"

I'd given a shorter version of how the event design for robots is
specified before on the issue tracker to help Olreich a few days ago.

In essence you can (currently as of last night anyway) retrieve (I
believe) all the blips (it worked for my robots) for
WAVELET_SELF_ADDED - but make sure you have the extra attribute
context="children" as well as content="true" in your capabilities.xml
for that event.
However, this is a moving target - it used to be you couldn't get all
the children, but a bug was fixed recently and it seems now you can -
though I've not checked getting inline blips.