When you create a new wave API post it just creates a wave that will
be your post, (there is no screenshot for that on the Code Page)

If you want to subscribe to the the Forum Digests just add forumbotty
+wave-api-not...@appspot.com to a new wave, and you will see the
screen shots found here: http://code.google.com/apis/wave/forum.html#ForumDigest