That is currently not possible, but in the future we plan on turning on
Wave for Google Apps, which means that Google Apps customers
would have Wave for their domain, and it would work as you described.
If the long run the Wave Federation protocol would allow anyone do
run their own Wave server. That work is taking place here:

   http://waveprotocol.org

   Thanks,
   -joe

--