We all seem to be talking about data binding and validation a lot, and some
of us are even implementing code about it. We on the GWT team hear the need
and feel it ourselves.

We have some notions of how we'd like to tackle this in a way that blends
seamlessly with the rest of GWT, and are looking to start design and
implementation in earnest before the year is out. This makes it unlikely
that we'll accept core or incubator patches that implement such a system.

That said, we don't want to shoot down the excellent work that's being done!
If you have a system that's shaping up to meet your needs and that you want
to share with the GWT community, please do!  Set up a Google Code project,
announce it here, embarrass us by shipping first and attracting a user
base. We'll probably steal from you shamelessly and ask for your help as our
own system takes shape.

I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers, and that you'll understand why we
haven't been as responsive on some of these threads as we should have been.

Thanks,
rjrjr