The patch responds to a number of complaints from folks who found the
default behavior surprising.

Normally I'm all about the conservatism, but what tips it for me in
this case is that the thing is called a SuggestBox, in a package
called the Google Web Toolkit. To me the principal of least
astonishment says it should act like, you know, the famous Google
Suggest Box widget on the Google home page.

rjrjr