That is absolutely awesome! Here are the gen2 widgets using your patch
posted on app engine.
http://collectionofdemos.appspot.com/demo/index.html

When the build.demos target is invoked, is there any reason we should not
clear the entire directory first? That would save us from including old
demos if/when we get the automatic posting task completed. (Right now
running into the 1000 file/unit limit on app-engine, boo ho).

--
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"