There's a difference between the release number (e.g. 1.5.3 for a release,
or 0.0.0 for an arbitrary desk build) and the SVN revision of the sources
(which  might, accounting for branches and mutation, be something like
1...@4327:4364M).
The SVN version is burned into About.properties, About.txt, and About.html;
it's given in the help output, and primarily helps with bug reports: "I saw
wacky behavior X, using SVNrel"...

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Alex Epshteyn <alexander.epsht...@gmail.com