Bob,

Changes look really good.

Some review notes:

This code will terminate early if you have two anonymous functions in
your call stack (possible for some DOM stack traces), since both will
have name == "anonymous":

+        // Avoid infinite loop: caller is not an activation record
+        if (seen['_' + name]) {
+          break;
+        } else {
+          seen['_' + name] = 1;
+          callee = callee.caller;
+        }

Re: the JSON string escaping function.  I filed a bug a while back
where unicode line separators would trip up RPC because they weren't
being escaped:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=2270&q=json

According to my tests, Firefox 3, Opera 9 and Safari 3 all require
\u2028 and \u2029 to be escaped.  I haven't tested with IE for a
while, but it may have additional characters that require escaping on
top of those.  Here's my test script:

<script>
for (i = 0x0; i <= 0xffff; i++) {
   try {
     if (eval("\"" + String.fromCharCode(i) + "\"") !=
String.fromCharCode(i))
       document.write(i.toString(16) + ": not equal!<br>");
   } catch (e) {
     document.write(i.toString(16) + ": "+ e + "<br>");
   }
}
</script>