---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Freeland Abbott <fabb...@google.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [gwt-contrib] Re: class conflicts during development due to
gwt-dev.jar
To: Google-Web-Toolkit-Contributors@googlegroups.com

As John notes, we did try using jarjar to repackage, and there are several
cases where it doesn't help.  In particular, see r4419 where Lex and I added
it and r4681 when it was pulled to fix problems in HostedMode.  (In addition
to the HostedMode bits, swt has native language issues and tapestry has
dynamic construction issues; you can look at r4419 for the exceptions Lex
and I started with.  I don't recall the HostedMode problems in particular...

That said, commons-collection wasn't a problem case.  For Nocolas'
sanity *right
now*, and with a specific collision point, I'd suggest that he post-process
his GWT jars in one of two ways:

   1. you could run jarjar yourself, for commons-collection, or
   2. you could excise those classes from "our" jar, and just use "yours" on
   your classpath.  Obviously, that's a configuration we haven't tested
   (really, so's the first), but I mostly trust Apache.  Still, YMMV.