I allow my users to change which columns are hidden, and which are
visible.

When the table is initially created, I'm calling setColumnVisible() on
the DefaultTableDefinition, according to the last saved state. Now,
when the user changes the visibility setting for a column, I need to
show or hide that column. Simply calling
DefaultTableDefinition::setColumnVisible() doesn't actually do
anything.

Here's what I've done...please let me know if there's a better way:

In a PST subclass I have created a refresh() method:

        public void refresh() {
          List<RowType>   rows = new ArrayList<RowType>( getRowValues() );
          setData( getAbsoluteFirstRowIndex(), rows.iterator() );
        }

This does the trick (especially as it does not require that I go back
to the server for the data!). However, is this the best way?

Thanks,

jay