Joel,

Will be happy to test new layouts and review API.  Unfortunately, I
don't use Dock, Stack, or Split in my app.  I do use Absolute.  And
because of an interior scrolling area that fills the client, a
sprinkling of resize code (after beating my head against CSS for a few
days).  I do use FormPanel and FlexTable, but I would expect both of
those to be minimally affected or not affected by your layout as they
are somewhat "micro-level" layouts not needing resize/reflow
behaviors.

-Brett