On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM, nicolas de loof <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I wonder that IsSerializable is still in trunk without a depreaction
> annotation. java.io.Serializable is supported by GWT-RPC since few major
> versions, maybe it's time to remove such legacy marker interface.

I don't know if this is sufficient reason to keep it, but two reasons:

   - you might want a class to be serializable only in GWT and not in normal
   Java
   - IsSerializable means that it is always serializable, even without a
   serialization policy file on the server.  I think there are better ways to
   do this sort of thing, but some people may be depending on this
   functionality

Maybe it could also extends Serializable so that it can be easier to switch
> the related tools.

Other than the first issue above, sounds like a good idea.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google