On 6 oct, 17:47, Ray Ryan <rj...@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I understand correctly how UiBinder works, for widgets, I'd still
> > have to "inject" the ID myself using
> > theWidget.getElement().setId(bundle.a().toString()) ?
>
> That's a very bad idea. You're relying on the widget not to be using id for
> its own purposes, now and in the future.
>
> I don't think you should count on the label element ever playing nice with
> widgets, at least not soon.

I think I'll do it anyway and count on my relatively good knowledge of
the widgets I use to have it "just work"; but I take note (and add
warnings in my code) that this not "officially supported" ;-)

> > We haven't migrated to trunk and UiBinder yet (I'm waiting for an
> > official release, i.e. the first milestone; and we're only moving from
> > 1.5 to 1.7 and from "written in the rush" spaghetti code to "well
> > designed" MVP+DI+EventBus+HTMLPanel+etc.), so I'll only test this
> > "later rather than sooner", but thanks anyway!

Aha, looks like I missed the announcement by a few hours. Now
wondering whether I switch or not (my co-worker finds it tempting