Comment by tamplinjohn:

@gwtdeveloper: I don't know if you can use the plugin to debug XUL or not
-- if you can get hosted.html loaded in the context of your XUL app it
might work.  Let us know if you figure out how to make it work, but that
isn't something we have time to experiment with at the moment.

I have created a couple of issues for problems being reported here:
  - Linux issues loading the plugin on particular distributions
    http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4141
    I have copied over some of them, but not all the older ones since they
were
    before we had "official" XPIs avaialble.  If you are having problems with
    a combination not listed there, please add a comment to the issue.

  - Windows Firefox "Buffer too small" crashes
    http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4142
    This appears to be a Firefox bug, but perhaps we can work around it
anyway
    see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/462878

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM