On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM, John Tamplin <j...@google.com> wrote:

> That is exactly my point -- the C++ example sends the preprocessed source
> to the worker nodes, so they don't have to have the dependencies or the
> right include path or whatever.  The analogy here would be for GWT to send
> all of the collected source, either in its native form or as is currently
> done in a parsed AST form, to the worker nodes.

For GWT it's less clear what to send.  We also need to make sure that the
remote node has the generator and linker implementations and any resources
they need.

In general, we can do some of these transfers for people if it helps.
 However, perhaps we could start by leaving it up to the surrounding build
tool, and then add support to GWT as more specific needs are identified?

Lex