On Mar 16, 12:42 pm, Matt Mastracci <matt...@mastracci.com> wrote:

> > Holy cow -- how do they think that is an acceptable measure?  Surely they
> > could at least change the warning to say "potentially dangerous JS" or
> > something rather than declaring it a virus.

> This probably will likely affect a significant number GWT applications that
> use RPC. Avira seems to check files ending in .js* and .html* for this
> pattern.  I verified that the scanner intercepts these patterns in HTTP
> traffic and detects them in IE cache files.  There might be some negative
> patterns as well: Avira doesn't block my message in the Google Groups web
> interface, but it does block it when viewing the raw message source.

Even better: it turns out that if you put the string "google" anywhere
in the file matching CryptedGen, it no longer matches the heuristic. I
imagine that it would pick up the string from the class metadata for
those not using -XdisableClassMetadata.

So this is a virus:

"for eval .fromcharcode .charcodeat math.min 0,0,0,0,0,0"

And this is not:

"google for eval .fromcharcode .charcodeat math.min 0,0,0,0,0,0"

The easiest solution for us seems to be putting the string "Google Web
Toolkit" in a comment in our header.

Matt.