LGTM with nits. No need to rereview if you like the suggested changes.

These changes will make SOYC a lot easier to understand.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/diff/1/3
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/soyc/MakeTopLevelHtmlForPerm.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/diff/1/3#newcode179
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/soyc/MakeTopLevelHtmlForPerm.java:179:
outFile.println("if (element.name == \"packageBreakdown\") {");
Putting ifs here doesn't scale well if we add more popups -- and we
should!

There are multiple ways to avoid an ever increasing chain of ifs here. A
simple way would be to remove the "element" parameter and add one with
the ID of the help popup.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/diff/1/3#newcode284
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/soyc/MakeTopLevelHtmlForPerm.java:284:
"onMouseOut=\"hide(this);\">Package breakdown</a></h2></div>");
If you go with the changed parameter, then show(this) would be changed
to show(\"packageBreakdownPopup\");, and likewise for hide().

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/diff/1/3#newcode359
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/soyc/MakeTopLevelHtmlForPerm.java:359:
outFile.println("<th>Size <span
class=\"soyc-th-units\">(Bytes)</span></th>");
Nice. It pains me to think how many times I looked at that table header
and didn't notice the problem.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/diff/1/3#newcode728
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/soyc/MakeTopLevelHtmlForPerm.java:728:
TreeMap<Float, Set<String> > sortedCodeTypes = new TreeMap<Float,
Set<String> >(
Very nice, and likewise for the other ones.  Could you also change the
keys from Float to Integer? Comparison on floats is begging for weird
corner cases.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/566801/show