Rob --

You might have already seen this, but Thomas created a wave on the
topic to get things moving
https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252Bux7zL81XA

"post I/O" seems to be the general timeframe, but I know I'm eager to
help create a more extensible system as well. Many more event types
than I know where to put these days.