Thanks for the feedback.  I'm in a good functional state, so I'm going
to go ahead and commit this as-is, and add comments in a follow-up
change.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9009
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/FieldSerializerCreator.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9009#newcode362
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/FieldSerializerCreator.java:362:
+ castType.getQualifiedSourceName() + ")object);");
Ah, good call.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9009#newcode521
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/FieldSerializerCreator.java:521:
private void writeConcreteTypeMethod() {
Will follow up with more comments.  The existing code doesn't do such a
hot job with this either. :)

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9012
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/Shared.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9012#newcode122
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/Shared.java:122: packageName =
"com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.core";
Actually, this is a cleanup of some existing broken code.  I picked this
package because this is the 'prefix' package for packages we're not
allowed to use, such as the JRE, or in this case, the default package.
Little-known fact: in Java there is no way to reference a file in the
default package from any other package.

But I do need to follow up and make sure the default package works in
general.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9013
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/TypeSerializerCreator.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/diff/7013/9013#newcode429
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/rebind/rpc/TypeSerializerCreator.java:429:
srcWriter.println("result.put(" + typeRef + ", \"" + typeString +
"\");");
Yep.  I was pretty much just copying the existing JS code.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/831801/show