GWT contributors,

Will there be a production quality RPC mechanism available in GWT 2.1
as part of the RequestFactory stuff ? Or do we still have to suffer
the stackoverflow inducing RPC implementation ?

I'm currently fighting to get RPC to work with a tree structure that
is not that big in bytesize, but it has about 20 levels of nesting in
my example. RPC on IE6/7/8 just shokes on it, but no warning is shown.
I just don't get all the data - which is very disturbing.

When I run in DevMode I get a stackoverflow popup during the RPC
handling.

I tried to use the "experimental" DeRPC (according to the docs) but it
fails, I assume it has to do with the fact that we have custom field
serializers... but I find no documentation on how to implement them
for DeRPC.

I guess for now I will have to move away from RPC and do it myself
using json or another encoding.

GWT advocacy articles all talk about RPC as one of the big reasons to
move to GWT ... so I'm sure there will finally be a decent solution
that is working fast, has no stack dependency and allows us to add
hooks to dispatch the method calls somewhere outside the servlet class
without the need to declare them in the servlet (so that I can
dispatch to a POJO that is agnostic of web tier technology) - right ?

David