Comment by autobeanvonautobahn:

is it possible to use 2.1.1 RequestFactory/AutoBean to convert POJO to
JSON and viceversa
when interacting with a RESTful Web Service ?

the common practice with GWT client-server communication is
to have packages:
client, shared, server, configuring web.xml

however, in-order to be truly loosely coupled,
I am thinking of developing the Server side of my app,
as a REST WebService. completely separate from the client.
sending JSON encoded data to the Server, and reading JSON.

only using a common .jar file on both containing Entity POJOs.

the problem on GWT client side is a clean way of Converting JSON to
POJO back and forth.

I was wondering if the new AutoBean/RequestFactory/EntityProxy can
help in the situation I described ?

Can i still use "Editor" if I opt for JSON/REST solution above ?
What do you think of this approach ? do you think it may result in
performance problems ?

I am going to write both the client and servers in Java, and have
access to the code.
but my main concern is clean separation, complete isolation and loose
coupling.

I would like to know what are the down-sides to this, and if the new
2.1.1 features can help ?

these Architectural decisions are about tradeoff, I would like to know
what I am going to lose if I chose the approach I described above.

Thank You

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/AutoBean