Thanks John, this will be really handy.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java
File user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode60
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:60:
JType... argTypes) {
I don't know that I would ever use this unless it was based on
JClassType.getOverridableMethods().

But rather than hardcoding that choice, perhaps you should make the
first argument a JMethod[] to let me choose the set myself? Can put @see
pointing to getOverridableMethods.

I'm biting my tongue about the fact that this method is unused. I'm
generally opposed to speculative coding, but I can imagine cleaning up
some existing code with this.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode65
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:65: if
(method.isStatic() == isStatic && methodName.equals(method.getName())
could you put () around the == statement?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode78
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:78: *
@param argType
What's the difference between a paramType and an argType? Seems like the
distinction matters here, but param and arg look like synonyms to me.

Should the args be leftHandType and rightHandType? This applies
throughout the class of course, not just here.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode99
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:99: //
TODO: handle autoboxing?
not needed by uibinder, fwiw.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode140
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:140:
JType[] ctorArgTypes = paramTypes;
Looks like ctorArgTypes is refactoring chaff, should be inlined.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java#newcode157
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtils.java:157: } else
{
else if

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java
File user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java#newcode29
user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java:29:
import static com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.TypeOracleUtils.*; might
make this easier to read.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java#newcode145
user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java:145:
public void testHasCompatibleMethod() {
Many lines too long. Did you auto format?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java#newcode146
user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java:146:
assertTrue("didn't find static m1(Child)",
TypeOracleUtils.hasCompatibleMethod(foo, true, "m1",
s/didn't find/Should have found/

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java#newcode148
user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java:148:
assertFalse("found m1(Child)", TypeOracleUtils.hasCompatibleMethod(foo,
false, "m1", child));
s/found/Should not have found/

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/diff/1/user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java#newcode215
user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/TypeOracleUtilsTest.java:215:
please throw specific exception types

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1420808/