http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1425816/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/i18n/client/impl/cldr/LocalizedNamesImplBase.java
File
user/src/com/google/gwt/i18n/client/impl/cldr/LocalizedNamesImplBase.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1425816/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/i18n/client/impl/cldr/LocalizedNamesImplBase.java#newcode60
user/src/com/google/gwt/i18n/client/impl/cldr/LocalizedNamesImplBase.java:60:
return super.loadLikelyRegionCodes();
So what was happening before I added this is that a delegating call
would fail with a visibility error, like this:

public class LocalizedNamesImpl_es_419_runtimeSelection extends
LocalizedNamesImpl {

  private LocalizedNamesImpl instance;

  protected String[] loadLikelyRegionCodes() {
    ensureInstance();
    return instance.loadLikelyRegionCodes();
  }
}

And it would fail with on the instance.loadLikelyRegionCodes call (in
both javac and Eclipse), even though other calls to protected methods
wouldn't.  I'm not sure why, but adding this fixed it.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1425816/