http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1447812/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/safehtml/rebind/SafeHtmlTemplatesImplMethodCreator.java
File
user/src/com/google/gwt/safehtml/rebind/SafeHtmlTemplatesImplMethodCreator.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1447812/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/safehtml/rebind/SafeHtmlTemplatesImplMethodCreator.java#newcode432
user/src/com/google/gwt/safehtml/rebind/SafeHtmlTemplatesImplMethodCreator.java:432:
if (isSafeUri(parameterType)) {
On 2011/06/03 17:00:04, jlabanca wrote:
On 2011/06/03 07:39:23, xtof wrote:
> On 2011/06/02 13:47:05, jlabanca wrote:
> > Is it safe to use safeUri in a text context?  Seems like a mistake
at the
> least.
>
> It would be safe here, since it's going to be HTML escaped just like
any other
> string. I can't think of too many reasons anyone would legitimately
do this.
> Perhaps in a template used to linkify URLs, as in
>  "<a href='{0}'>{0}</a>"
> where {0} is a SafeUri.
> Seems like a pretty unlikely scenario, and I think I'll remove this
special
case
> here in the interest of simplicity.  In any case, per your comment
above I've
> made the change so that this would throw an error.

I don't think its even possible. The check in emitParameterExpression
ensures
that SafeUri is only used in a URL_ATTRIBUTE_ENTIRE context.

Right. Sorry that's what I meant to say, but clearly didn't state it
very well :)

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1447812/diff/1003/user/test/com/google/gwt/safehtml/client/SafeHtmlTemplatesTest.java
File user/test/com/google/gwt/safehtml/client/SafeHtmlTemplatesTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1447812/diff/1003/user/test/com/google/gwt/safehtml/client/SafeHtmlTemplatesTest.java#newcode58
user/test/com/google/gwt/safehtml/client/SafeHtmlTemplatesTest.java:58: