OK, two more runs of the benchmark (using "ant benchmark
-Dgwt.benchmark.testcase.includes=**/ValueCodexBenchmark.class")
scrambled the results (I also slightly modified one of the test, but
that's another story). I decided to keep the change in nevertheless
(based on the 80/20 rule and the fact that "the fastest code is the one
that never runs"). Also, I forgot to mention in my previous message that
there are graphs in separate sheets.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agcd-Zsy2T-YdGtvV2tOS1c0VlBYV0t6Vl9HTmlOa2c

The benchmark test is included in the latest patch set, as well as a fix
for issue 6636 (accept numeric values for longs in addition to dates),
removal of the serialization change for dates, and non-regression tests
in AutoBeanCodexTest.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1601805/