Opps, sorry, the speedtracer log is always on anyway. Look in the
super-dev-mode work dir, e.g.
/tmp/gwt-codeserver-*/modulename/speedtracer.html

I think the issue might be that I18N generators don't implement
IncrementalGenerator, and so they run every compile, even if nothing
in your interfaces or property files changed.  We are talking about
having perhaps two buttons in the UI, "Compile" and "Run Generators
and Compile", or maybe checkbox. Then, we'd run the generators once on
the first compile, and subsequent recompiles would not re-run them.
Except when people are editing css, images, or i18n interfaces, they
can then do a full 'regenerate and recompile'. Later when all of the
standard GWT generators are taught to behave better it would be needed
less and less.