Thomas, thanks for all of the work on this, but we will have to delay
this until after we get the open-source git/gerrit repo up and
running. A preliminary investigation of internal Google apps shows a
bunch of them still relying on EventListener, so we'll have to create
an uber-patch to fix all of them or give internal teams a lead time to
fix their usages first (under the current 'Google builds everything
from trunk' process). When we move to the announced process, than
landing stuff like this should be easier.