Adolfo,

To get the source checked out and compiling follow:
http://www.gwtproject.org/makinggwtbetter.html#workingoncode

To submit the patch use:
http://www.gwtproject.org/makinggwtbetter.html#submittingpatches

I recently had to move an old svn patch into gerrit and the following gave
a very simple way to apply it
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/659467/how-to-apply-svn-diff-to-git just
remember to clean up any leftover .orij and .rej files.

Cheers,
James