Hi,

I am working on a fix for this issue:
https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=8083

I am avoiding converting from string to the internal format of BigInteger
because it has a big performance impact on IE8 when sending it over RPC. It
performs much better in IE9 and other browsers, but still I want to
optimize this since this is having a major impact in an application I am
working on (And I saw some other people in the banking industry having
similar issues with BigDecimal).

In many cases this data is never modified in the client, so I am delaying
the actual parsing of the String to the internal format of BigInteger.

Is it feasible to have custom field serializers depending on running in the
client or server ?

The question I am asking is because I don't want to break the
BigInteger(String) constructor that will throw exceptions when you feed it
a non parseable string. so my solution would be to use a static method or
custom constructor for BigInteger when deserializing on the client. But
this method is not available in the real java.math.BigInteger class.

So is it possible to have different client and server
serializers/deserializer code for RPC ?

David