DeRPC was essentially an experiment that didn't work out, it was supposed
to improve the speed of IE6. It added a lot of hacks to the compiler to
make it work, @ArtificialRescue, ability to invoke client-side methods from
server emitted functions, which actually requires clever hacks in some
classes to prevent inlining (see java/lang/Class emulation code)

It would be good to remove it. If you want really fast RPC, go with
something like JAXRS + JSOs. Parsing is blistering fast with JSON.parse()
on today's browsers, and there's no need to deserialize/copy.  RestyGWT is
one possibility.