Thank you, Thomas!  I swear I tried that repo and it couldn't find the
plugin snapshot, but I've got it going now.  I'm still getting the JRE
Emulation warning (on java.util.String no less) in IntelliJ though.  :(
 But, that doesn't keep it from working.  I thought maybe there was a
dependency there because it didn't do that when both the plugin and GWT
were on 2.8.0-beta1, but perhaps it's really an issue with the GWT
snapshot.  Being a snapshot, that's always a possibility of course.  :)

Thanks for your help!