I went through the issue tracker and curated the 2.8 mile stone.

Currently we have 22 open issues:
https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/milestones/2.8

I assigned all unassigned issues and asked clarifying questions, *please go
through your assigned issues and respond to those questions*.
If you feel that you have been wrongly assigned, please assign me back
stating so. I'll try to make sure that the right person will start working
on this.

As for volunteers (to speed up 2.8), please go through the list and see if
you want to help (just because something is assigned does not mean its
getting worked on right now). *Come and ping me about work you want to do!*

*As for adding more work to the 2.8 milestone:*
At this state we want to ship, so anything that is not a critical bug fix
(or is very trivial) will probably not get included. For the work that Jens
mentioned, I'd say if these reviews make it before we cut RC1 they can go
in otherwise I will hold them until after we have shipped 2.8.0.
Also keep in mind that we need a green build before cutting RC1 in open
source (and this only runs daily), so we should not be merging lots of
patches at the last minute.

-Daniel