I think we all have different priorities in using GWT. I'm using GWT
since 2008 and worked on different internal GWT applications and a
Online Shop ¹) based on Hybris and GWT. Two other GWT projects are work
in progress, one should be released in October, the other one early next
year.

2014 I stopped using RPC for new projects and switched to REST, so I
will not miss it really. GWTP-RestDispatcher or RestyGWT feels nearly
the same as using RPC and keeps server side independend of GWT.

Widgets are something else. We all now, the integrated widgets of the
GWT project made no real progress the last years, HTML5 features are
missing (no placeholder, no required, no new input types, ...) and
validation integration is non existing. I think most of us have used
something else or build there own collection (like I did in ²)), so I
would not really miss the internal Widgets, but would miss Widgets as
base for own implementations and as base for the editor framework.

Very useful in my point of view are UI-Binder, the editor framework and
the validation framework (that's the reason why I've taken over the
deprecated bean validation into my gwt-bean-validators ³) project and
updated it to the validation-api 1.1.0 and hibernate-validator 5.4.1).
In combination this provides the best form handling of all frameworks I
know, and that's a core feature of all my applications. In combination
with the GWTP MVP framework I really like working with (architecture
details in combination with spring can be found on this wiki ⁴)).

The other thing is code sharing between client and server, this makes it
so easy to port functions from server to client side and provide offline
functionality.

¹) https://www.tecparts.com/
²) https://github.com/ManfredTremmel/gwt-mt-widgets
³) https://github.com/ManfredTremmel/gwt-bean-validators