We've created a GWT library, initially for our internal projects, that has
proved quite effective for us and easy to onboard even for GWT-unskilled
developers. We've put it on https://github.com/turnsk/gwtmvp in public
domain for the community to use.

The two main benefits (as we see them) are (1) pure HTML UI with
UiBinder-like binding support and (2) built-in MVP framework on top of the
GWT history mechanism. More details are available at the github link above.

Looking forward to any feedback and/or new ideas you might have.

Tomas.