On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 11:19 PM Alexander Leshkin <
alexander.lesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stuck with a few issues in JDT compiler those make not possible to
> launch "super sourced" tests at source level >= 9.
> So, I have to first make patches for JDT and create custom JDT build
> before proceeding with patch for JEP286.

Hmm. One option is to wait till JDT stabilizes. The required patches are
probably going to be part 4.8M7 (or whatever follows the M6). For testing
purposes you could use
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20180409-2000/ or the
latest or more stable integration build which contains the patches but you
are probably using this one judging from the commit you are referencing at
the end.

Just for information.
> The first issue with JDT is about how GwtIncompatible annotaion handled by
> the GWT compiler.
> JDT AST TypeDeclaration may contains empty arrays of methods and fields
> after applying GwtIncompatible.
> But JDT assumes that for type without methods and fields the corresponding
> members are equal to `null` instead of empty arrays.
> E.g.: TypeDeclaration.java#L730
> <https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core/blob/abe06abe4ce16087616e12658e36ece8b0cca0b2/org.eclipse.jdt.core/compiler/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ast/TypeDeclaration.java#L730>
> The line above throws AIOOBE for type wich methods had been removed due to
> GwtIncompatible.
> On other side, this issue may be fixed on GWT side, I think.

Yes, this can be fixed in GwtIncompatiblePreprocessor. Previously JDT used
zero length arrays instead of null, but null should be fine if it doesn't
trip any of our assumptions.

> The second issue is a bug with handling Deprecated annotation that was
> introduced in
> https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core/commit/79d5afecf5f237634a5562279fdceca6591b2b58
> .
> This issue leads to AIOOBE when there is an annotation marked as
> Deprecated. I noticed this issue for GwtScriptOnly annotation.

Intermediate builds of JDT are normally quite fragile, I wouldn't be
surprised if this is the case. Just out of curiosity what is it stack trace
for this failure? Might it have been triggered by a changed assumption in
JDT?