> Fwiw: IE11 will be EOL for mainstream in October this year:
> https://www.swyx.io/writing/ie11-eol/ (of course, for enterprise
> customers this will be longer; my opinion is that those companies that have
> enough money to pay for special Microsoft support contract could also pay a
> company to fork and maintain GWT for those usecases; or they can just stay
> on an old version of GWT like they're staying on an old version of IE;
> those companies are not my customers though so my opinion probably doesn't
> weight much)
>
> Also, jQuery dropped support for IE8 while back and is now IE9+
> https://jquery.com/browser-support/
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fjquery.com%2Fbrowser-support%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGnb5pe3osUgR2RzVxfn1k0xJtFfA>.
>
> That supports the option for GWT to do the same, at a minimum.
>
> Finally, several "modularized gwt-user" modules already dropped support
> for IE8 and IE9 AFAICT, possibly even IE10.

Yeah there wasn't a clear guideline I think. At least when I started
gwt-dom and gwt-widgets I killed IE8-10 and used IE 11 as baseline for
both. And since Edge is now based on Chrome, technically every OS that
supports IE 11 also supports Edge now, so I would be fine dropping IE 11 as
well in a not so distant future.

-- J.