Hi all!

I am catching up on some statements in the last mails.

> First, let me say that I both understand and sympathize for the cases Elias
> describes: when you have sufficiently large team and/or project, even small
> changes in workflow could be extremely painful.
> No one likes that and I can understand why not only Elias but probably many
> other may feel reluctant (to be polite) about any non-backward-compatible
> changes.

I also understand, that no one likes such changes, but nobody is forcing anyone
to upgrade. He and his team can use his setup for the next 20 years, if he
wants to.

>  I really don't see how investing into tech that has been deprecated for
> years could benefit project in general.

100% agree!

> If we are to save GWT, not only we should drop ALL deprecated stuff ASAP

100% agree!

I have the feeling, that a small minority is blocking all the innovations (by
not allowing do drop deprecated stuff) and make life hard for GWT maintainers
and thus blocking us all from more/faster innovations.
I would suggest just not listening to them.

I am very thankful for all the work which was but into GWT.
I can use it free-of-charge.
Unfortunately, I am not good enough as a coder to become a maintainer, but I
did and will donate to various GWT / GWT related projects and I can say „thank
you“ and support their journey to have a maintainable GWT stack without old
stuff.

If there are big enterprises with big GWT projects, they sure have the money to
either upgrade the software and train their stuff to a recent GWT setup or to
hire someone who backports stuff for them if really necessary.

Thanks