In my opinion, my 2 cents, the support of JAVA 8 and IE11 should be dropped
because very close to be obsoleted.
Whoever is using these platforms could stay on current version of GWT where
they are supported.
I still have some applications based on Java 8 but they will remain with
GWT 2.8.2 and when I could migrate them, I'll go to Java 11 or more and GWT
accordingly.