Greetings,

I'm seeing a strange situation using Prototip (a Prototype based tool-
tip package) with GWT - only on Safari.  Here's the setup:

- both prototype.js and prototip.js included from my .gwt.xml file
- jsni native call to new $win.Tip(...) to create the tooltip

Works swell on Firefox, IE, Chrome - but throws an exception on Safari
that "observe" is not defined.  I've stuck the following bit of JS
code into my native method to see:

        var test = $doc.createElement("div");
        $wnd.alert(test + ".observe = " + test.observe);

Lo and behold, on FF, IE, Chrome, the alert box comes up saying that
the div element has an "observe" method defined, but in Safari it says
undefined.  This observe method is a method added as part of the
Protoype bootstrapping.  I've added alerts to the prototype library to
ensure it's bootstrapping and is surely is.

I can't recreate this in hand-coded html - so it seems like some
interaction with GWT?

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

-pete